#LifeInMedSchool: Mentor-Mentee Session No. 1

From Surgery SGD to Pedia Ward Work @ DLSUMC - OPD to Case Discussion with Dr. Jindra Tetangco to FINALLY meeting our mentor.

Finally, we met our amazing and very inspiring OB-GYN Oncology mentor, Dr. Angelito Magno. 
Innah and I tried to meet with him 2 weeks ago but unfortunately, he wasn't available. When I first entered his clinic, I thought I won't have anything to say. Sobrang pagod na kasi talaga. Na-drain na 'ata ako sa Pedia Ward Work namin. I was actually hoping that meeting with him would just be fast. But when he started to talk, and shared his experiences, I totally forgot how tired I was. He got my attention when he said, when he was choosing his specialization, he knew he won't be an internist, because he likes the surgical field. And, just like him, my heart right now is in the surgical field. His choices were OB-GYN and Surgery. Sobrang amazing niya lang. He's only 35 years old, but he has accomplished so many things. He's an OB-GYN Oncologist, plus he had an advanced training in laparoscopy outside the country. Aside from that, he has published several studies/reviews not just locally but internationally. He actually encourages us to do the same, as early as now. He is a Lasallian doctor who had his internship, residency and fellowship at Philippine General Hospital.

Of all the things that he shared, what struck me the most was this:



When he said this, I realized how true it is. Hindi talaga matatapos ang pag-aaral ng medisina. After we graduate, may residency pa. And for some, after magtake ng specialization, may mga magsusub-specialization pa. There's just too much to learn in this field. You can never say you know everything about it. In Doc Magno's case, he's going to take a Master's Degree. And for sure, it won't end there. Kaya talagang nakaka-inspire 'tong si Doc.

When I got home, I realized how much I want to be just like him someday. Siguro, not totally like him na mag-sub-specialize sa Oncology since Onco isn't really my thing for some personal reasons. I just like how determined and dedicated he is. Siguro, if not like him na OB-GYN Oncologist, I'll find another field that will match my skills and capabilities. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    Blogwalking just making a short post here on your awesome blog. :)

    Regards,
    Digital Movers International.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. ivo ignatov mentor

    ReplyDelete